**Perishable special food distribution scheduled at Helping Hands Food Pantry on Saturday, March 21, 2020, 10am to Noon**
FOOD REQUEST FORMS DUE NO LATER THAN 9AM SATURDAY, MARCH 21.
The Helping Hands Community Center food pantry was fortunate to be included in a special food distribution through Midwest Food Bank this week. As such, we will have food available to our community in a time of need. A perishable special food distribution is scheduled for Saturday, March 21 from 10am to Noon.
We are asking that all who would like to participate in this special distribution complete this online food request form as soon as possible. A limited number of paper forms will be available on the front door of Helping Hands (105 West Boundary). Paper forms will need to be left in the envelope on the HHCC front door. We are asking that all forms be turned in as soon as possible – preferably by 6pm Friday 3/20, but absolutely no later than 9am Saturday 3/21.
A few things to note for Saturday’s distribution:
- Patrons will not be allowed to enter the Helping Hands Community Center.
- Patrons will be called using the phone number they list on their request form when their order is ready.
- Orders will be staged on the curb. Patrons will be required to load their own vehicles.
- We’re taking public health seriously. If you or a member of your household is sick, feels unwell, or is otherwise unable to leave the house, we will deliver food to your doorstep. We will not enter homes. (If you are healthy and able to leave the house, we ask that you please utilize curbside pickup.)
- This will be a smaller distribution than normal given current food supplies on hand at Helping Hands. Quantities may be limited and will be spread equally among all patrons. You may not receive all you request, but we will do our best to provide for all families.
- Given the circumstances prompting this food distribution, we are expanding food pantry eligibility for this distribution. You MUST live in Allin Township, but anyone who feels they are food insecure or is confined to their home and concerned about running out of food may utilize the food pantry this week. NOTE: quantities available to each family may be affected by demand.
- At this time, we are still planning on having our regular monthly distribution on Saturday, April 4, dependent upon the availability of food at Midwest Food Bank. We will actively seek additional distribution opportunities during this public health emergency.
- If your family or a neighbor is in IMMEDIATE need of food, please visit the Emergency Mini Food Pantries, located outside of the Helping Hands Community Center and Allin Township Community Building. It is regularly stocked with meal kits designed to feed a family of 4-6 for one meal each. Take only what you need to get by for a meal or two so that we can keep it stocked and available to all (visit frequently if needed).
For questions or concerns, please reach out to Kathy at 309-824-2341. Follow Helping Hands Community Center on Facebook for news and updates.