Helping Hands Food Pantry will hold our regularly scheduled monthly food distribution for April on Saturday, April 4. Orders will be filled between 10am and Noon.
Food request forms will need to be turned in no later than 8am Saturday, April 4. Because of the large list of food available (a good thing!) we cannot offer this as a Google Form, but there are lots of options available depending on your available resources:
- Complete this fillable PDF form, save and email the completed version to Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NOTE: Download the form to your computer before completing. Do not complete in a web browser as it often will not save with information entered before downloading.
- Print this PDF form, complete by hand, and either return to the collection envelope on the front door of Helping Hands OR scan as a PDF and email the completed version to Kathy at email@example.com.
- NOTE: It is very important that you scan as a PDF and do not send us a photo of the completed form. You can do this with a traditional scanner or by using a FREE app, such as Adobe Scan. Be sure that the file is “.pdf” and not “.jpg” or “.png”.
- Pick up a paper copy at Helping Hands, complete, and either return to the collection envelope on the front door of Helping Hands OR scan as a PDF and email the completed version to Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org. A limited number of paper copies are available on the front door of Helping Hands.
- Please notify us if you stop by and there are no more forms available.
Please note on your form if delivery is your only option, otherwise we will call you when your order is ready for curbside pickup.
FOOD REQUEST FORMS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN 8AM SATURDAY, APRIL 4.
The Helping Hands Food Pantry is fortunate that we are able to continue to be included in Midwest Food Bank distributions during these uncertain times. Assuming this continues, we will have food available to offer to our community in a time of need.
A few things to note for Saturday’s distribution:
- Patrons will not be allowed to enter the Helping Hands Community Center.
- Patrons will be called using the phone number they list on their request form when their order is ready.
- Orders will be staged on the curb. Patrons will be required to load their own vehicles. We will stagger our calls so that only one family is picking up food at a time to maximize social distancing.
- We’re taking this health emergency seriously. If you or a member of your household is sick, feels unwell, or is otherwise unable to leave the house, we will deliver food to your doorstep. We will not enter homes under any circumstance. Please remain inside the house while we are delivering food to minimize contact. (If you are healthy and able to leave the house, we ask that you please utilize curbside pickup.)
- Given the circumstances prompting this food distribution, we are expanding food pantry eligibility for this distribution. You MUST live in Allin Township, but anyone who feels they are food insecure or is confined to their home and concerned about running out of food may utilize the food pantry this week. NOTE: quantities available to each family may be affected by demand.
- We will continue to actively seek additional distribution opportunities during this public health emergency. This specific distribution is our larger monthly distribution; additional distributions will likely be smaller due to food availability.
- If your family or a neighbor is in IMMEDIATE need of food, please visit the Emergency Mini Food Pantries, located outside of the Helping Hands Community Center and Allin Township Community Building. They are regularly stocked with meal kits designed to feed a family of 4-6 for one meal each. Take only what you need to get by for a meal or two so that we can keep it stocked and available to all (visit frequently if needed).
For questions or concerns, please reach out to Kathy at 309-824-2341. Follow Helping Hands Community Center on Facebook for news and updates.