Olympia Pacesetters 4-H Club launches Emergency Food Pantry at Helping Hands Community Center
The Olympia Pacesetters 4-H Club recently received a grant to establish an emergency food pantry and permanent product pantry stand at the Helping Hands Community Center in Stanford, IL.
Here’s how the emergency food pantry works:
- Take only what you need now and be sure to visit the Helping Hands food pantry during regular distribution times. Scroll down to view a list of future distribution dates.
- Please make sure the lid shuts tight to keep the food from spoiling. We’ve done our best to make this a weatherproof fixture and appreciate your help keeping the elements out.
- We do accept donations of non-perishable food items. Please leave those donations in the emergency food pantry or at the door of Helping Hands.
- Suggestions? We’ve left a notepad and envelope in the emergency food pantry – please leave feedback so we can continue serving our community in the best way possible.
- Is something wrong with the emergency food pantry fixture? Is it empty? Please contact Kathy at 309-824-2341.
The emergency mini food pantry is located on the west side of the Helping Hands Community Center, between the building and the new sidewalk.
Questions about the Helping Hands food pantry? Please reach out to us! Contact information is at the bottom of this webpage.
Kudos to Olympia Pacesetters 4-H Club members Carl Schmidgall and Kyle Fasse for their roles as lead engineers on these projects!