The Helping Hands Food Pantry July monthly food distribution will be held on Saturday, July 11 from 10am to Noon, as scheduled. Please complete and return an online or paper form no later than 6pm Friday, July 10.
Paper forms will be available on the front door of Helping Hands (105 W. Boundary) by afternoon on Thursday, July 9 and will need to be returned to the front door when complete. Online and paper forms are the same – only one version needs to be turned in. Only one request form per address/household, please.
Access the online food request form here. If you click “submit” after completing the form, it will be turned in online and there will be no need to turn in a paper copy.
You MUST include your house address AND phone number with your form for us to notify you when your order is ready for pickup. All information submitted through the form is confidential.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO HELPING HANDS UNLESS CONTACTED. Helping Hands volunteers will contact you when your order is ready. We cannot allow any patrons inside of Helping Hands for ANY REASON – CURBSIDE PICKUP ONLY.
A few things to note for Saturday’s distribution:
- Patrons will not be allowed to enter the Helping Hands Community Center.
- Patrons will be called using the phone number they list on their request form when their order is ready.
- Orders will be staged on the curb. Patrons will be required to load their own vehicles.
- We’re taking this health emergency seriously. If you or a member of your household is sick, feels unwell, or is otherwise advised not to leave the house, we will deliver food to your doorstep. We will not enter homes under any circumstance. (If you are healthy and able to leave the house, we ask that you please utilize curbside pickup.) Please contact Kathy before Saturday to make these arrangements as curbside pickup will be the default this month.
- The food pantry is limited to serving residents of Allin Township. Any resident of Allin Township who feels they are food insecure or are confined to their home and concerned about running out of food may utilize the food pantry.
- If your family or a neighbor is in IMMEDIATE need of food, please visit the Emergency Mini Food Pantries, located outside of the Helping Hands Community Center and Allin Township Community Building. It is regularly stocked with meal kits designed to feed a family of 4-6 for one meal each. Take only what you need to get by for a meal or two so that we can keep it stocked and available to all (visit frequently if needed).
For questions or concerns, please reach out to Kathy at 309-824-2341. Follow Helping Hands Community Center on Facebook for news and updates.