In the mood for a fiesta? We hope so since we’ve had such beautiful avocados from Midwest Food Bank recently. We had lots of requests for a guacamole recipe and we hope that this doesn’t disappoint!
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup low fat (or regular) cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Salt to taste
- Peel and remove seed from avocado. Place avocado in blender or food processor with cottage cheese and blend until smooth. Add onion and cilantro to avocado mixture. Blend briefly, in spurts, just to chop cilantro a bit. Transfer mixture into a small bowl.
- Cut tomato in half horizontally. Squeeze gently to remove seeds and juice. Finely chop the meat of the tomato and stir into the guacamole.
- Add lime juice to guacamole. Add hot pepper sauce and salt to taste.
- Open up a bag of tortilla chips and enjoy!
Serving size: 4 servings, 1/3 cup each. Approximately 111 calories per serving.
Source: Living Lean and Loving It