The Helping Hands Food Pantry June monthly food distribution will be held on Saturday, June 6 from 10am to Noon, as scheduled. Please complete and return an online or paper form no later than 6pm Friday, June 5.
Paper forms will be available on the front door of Helping Hands (105 W. Boundary) by Thursday, June 4 at Noon and will need to be returned to the front door. Online and paper forms are the same – only one version needs to be turned in. Only one request form per address/household, please.
Access the online food request form here. If you click “submit” after completing the form, it will be turned in online and there will be no need to turn in a paper copy.
If you cannot navigate the online form and would prefer to print a form and turn it in to the envelope on the front door of Helping Hands, you can download and print a PDF here.
You MUST include your house address AND phone number with your form for us to provide delivery or notify you when your order is ready for pickup. All information submitted through the form is confidential.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO HELPING HANDS UNLESS CONTACTED. Helping Hands volunteers will contact you when your order is ready. We cannot allow any patrons inside of Helping Hands for ANY REASON – CURBSIDE PICKUP/DELIVERY ONLY.
A few things to note for Saturday’s distribution:
- Patrons will not be allowed to enter the Helping Hands Community Center.
- Patrons will be called using the phone number they list on their request form when their order is ready.
- Orders will be staged on the curb. Patrons will be required to load their own vehicles.
- We’re taking this health emergency seriously. If you or a member of your household is sick, feels unwell, or is otherwise advised not to leave the house, we will deliver food to your doorstep. We will not enter homes under any circumstance. (If you are healthy and able to leave the house, we ask that you please utilize curbside pickup.)
- Quantities may be limited and will be spread equally among all households. You may not receive all you request, but we will do our best to provide for all families.
- Given the circumstances prompting this food distribution, we are expanding food pantry eligibility for this distribution. You MUST live in Allin Township, but anyone who feels they are food insecure or is confined to their home and concerned about running out of food may utilize the food pantry this week. NOTE: quantities available to each family may be affected by demand.
- At this time, we are still planning on holding smaller special perishables distributions weekly (we expect to receive more USDA food boxes), dependent upon the supplies we have available. We will continue to actively seek additional distribution opportunities outside of our normal once-per-month schedule during this public health emergency.
- If your family or a neighbor is in IMMEDIATE need of food, please visit the Emergency Mini Food Pantries, located outside of the Helping Hands Community Center and Allin Township Community Building. It is regularly stocked with meal kits designed to feed a family of 4-6 for one meal each. Take only what you need to get by for a meal or two so that we can keep it stocked and available to all (visit frequently if needed).
For questions or concerns, please reach out to Kathy at 309-824-2341. Follow Helping Hands Community Center on Facebook for news and updates.